Albert Kok

14:08
Albert Kok -

Meet Albert Kok. General Manager of Panorama Destination Management and advocate for change and growth.

Albert Kok What is the Panorama group?

The Panorama Group, or better known as Panorama Tours is known, was prepared by Mr. Adhi Tirtawisata forty years ago with limited human and financial resources in a small town. Nowadays, it is a collaboration of oriented to tourism, transport and hospitality companies. We are dedicated to innovation, excellent service and sustainable value to the community and the environments in which we operate. There are four main areas of operations, which are: Panorama Hotel Management, Transport, the bus and taxi companies as Whitehorse and Whitehorse premium cabin includes. The day Trans Executive shuttles offer something better than public transport, so that the carbon footprint of personal transport reducing commuting and discerning travelers. The third area is Destination Management, which is the area that I work in. And the last area is outbound destination for Indonesian nationals traveling out of the country, which is a major growth market.

What does Destination Management?

We work in control for overseas clients, also in other countries with travel agencies. They treat international flights and we handle all aspects for tourists from the minute they arrive until they leave. That's my responsibility. We work with all major hotels, the creation of full holiday packages, seminars and incentives. Our customers are mainly European, Canadian and domestically. It sounds simple, but we treat several tens of thousands of guests each year. Our work comes down to, the customer's expectations. Without extensive preparation and understanding of the client's needs, not you. The attention to detail is crucial, and everyone in the office, my motto: Check, check, check. Nobody is allowed to make assumptions. If in doubt, ask. So the most important part of our work is actually place long before the arrival.

So, tell me about your background ...

I grew up in Bloemendaal, near Haarlem in the Netherlands. As a child I remember stories at the table on the first charter flights to like to hear that Spain and things. My father was in tourism all his working life, so it runs in my blood. After my studies I decided not to pursue career as an accountant and I joined the company, which was my father. It has been specializing in Indonesia and that's when my love for this country really settled. From there I climbed the ladder with major travel agencies like TUI, D-irritating and Thomas Cook upwards. I felt that as long as I like to work in tourism, I stay. Twenty years later, I'm still here.

What you brought to Indonesia in the first place?

I met my wife, a travel fair. It was in Indonesia and moved with her family to Holland was born at the age of eleven, so it has a leg in both worlds. Since we knew knew each other, that one day we would we would emigrate. I have lived in Spain and we considered going there, but I also love Asia, especially Indonesia and it was attractive to my wife. In 05 we decided to move abroad. We quit our jobs, sold our house and then decided to throw in our stuff. We arrived in Bali with four suitcases and a five year old daughter. People thought we were either crazy or brave, but for us it was a good decision. It was actually great to sell everything we owned, as it teaches us that we do not need all these goods, although to me to be a gadget freak. We would again tomorrow.
Albert Kok riding Vespa

This is a great story. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?

I love spending time with my family. A career in Holland hardly that allowed. Well at least I'm home every night, unless I travel. I like photography and video editing. A documentary I did on the island of Sumba, on Indonesian television broadcast more than once. although without my permission or credits, but that's fine. This weekend I have to cook, an octopus or smoking a fresh grilling mahi mahi. I also love my 1961 Vespa. It is a replacement for the classic cars I used to. Riding is so much fun to me how to fix the frequent mechanical problems. And it is Orange of course!

How do you see the challenges Bali faces with such rapid growth?

Everyone knows all the proposals for change. This growth is really fast now and I think the main problem is how to gain control. I am for growth because it creates jobs and hopefully well-being for those who really need it. Despite the good intentions, laws and regulations in force, there are still many ways in which people can get away with things. I am also committed to developing in other parts of Indonesia. It might take some pressure from Bali and still improve the overall visitor to Indonesia. As Thailand, for example, which is developing several beach, the city and surrounding attractions. Indonesia will definitely get there, but it will take some time.

Some people say Bali will be destroyed by the big hotels, taxis and cars, and that tourists would be happier in small traditional places to stay and walk more. What are your thoughts?

that be true for some, but Bali is so attractive because it offers so many different interests for visitors. I agree that the infrastructure is a problem. Only last week I went to Kuta Beachwalk Mall restarted. It has a large park, but the traffic there was again stopped me all the time. If we can not expand the roads, we need more parking and pedestrian areas definitely. Some good results were already in Legian street this topic reaches

You were explaining something many people forget -. doing things in groups, whether family or fellow has less impact on the environment. It is economical and enjoyable.

This is true and a lot of our business is focused on group travel. However, many people would never choose this kind of travel. Nevertheless, I am positive we can leave a better world to our children. It is our responsibility.

Thank you, Albert. To keep in touch, email albert.kok@panorama-tours.com

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar