Meet Nathalie Hocquart

21:03
Meet Nathalie Hocquart - Nathalie Hocquart

meeting Nathalie Hocquart, the woman and her patisserie in the hot new venue for international become Indonesian artists. Wide Open Space Gallery promoting four of Indonesia's best emerging young artists who are about the way art is presented to the public at present.

Nathalie Hocquart

Nathalie Hocquart

Where did your past life?
I was born, spend and spent my first years in the region of Nancy, France. When I had finished my training, I went to New York, where I developed a love for the arts through the many galleries and museums I have visited. I was moved especially by the art at the Guggenheim and MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). Art was everywhere; in the established venues and the "street art" in the streets and in the subways. I returned to France and had a daughter, Margaux, with a friend of youth ness. Together we produced events in places in Nancy. We have to provide everything from food to music, a total environment for opportunities. When my daughter was three years old, I traveled with her to the Caribbean. We spent six months in Martinique and Guadeloupe to start their training before returning to France. After returning to France, I managed to eat and learned many aspects of this industry, and to develop a love for fine food. That's when I would start the business successfully in many years.

What business was it?
I created and macaroons under the name produces Margotine for fine establishments. I named it after my daughter Margaux, who later joined the business. It was great work. I would create a lot of varieties and designs of this sweet in my lab and it sold well all over France. We went on fine food exhibitions which was great fun, as I was my design skills to put in a position beautiful environments work to create display our products. It included my beloved decoration and as well as maintaining the best food quality to create. It was hard work, but it paid with international success from. We have the SIAL International Expo and soon were for sale around the world, from Hong Kong to New York. My daughter worked with me and how the company has gone global and grew, it became more difficult and consumes all of our time. We made a lot of money, but did not have time to spend it! It was too big. It was too much.

Nathalie with Sophie

Nathalie Sophie

When did you visit Bali?
I came for the first time for three weeks in 06 on holiday in Bali and I always came back. Several years ago I bought land in Canggu, but because of the high cost of building I sold it after two years and have this store here on Jl. Kunti Dua. The original idea was a grocery store. It was built to make the dough, so it was a pastry kitchen in the back and the front was a small cafe. My daughter's boyfriend came to work with me as a pastry chef and as my partner. never opened the grocery store for a number of problems I will not go in! I kept the premises, while I went on with my life. Then came Sophie!

Is that when Wide Open Space beg a?
Definitely! Sophie is the driving force of our venture. She is a beautiful and talented woman. Initially they wanted to use the space for their work around beauty and anti-aging processes they do in other places as well as a studio for her work and works of artist friends.

But it is also an artist. Sophie has amazing collages and we share a love of art. We decided the metamorphosis of space to start an artistic center to create. We tore down walls and painted everything. We changed the facade. We continue to constantly here to change the environment along with the art and artists. The space is open to change, as the art. Artists wanting us began a part of our site to be approaching. We want to be not just another gallery. We want to create a community of artists who work together and exchange ideas. Our first opening took place on 12 December 2013, with six artists from different techniques and backgrounds from all over the world. We have very successful openings had three large exhibitions. Sophie is an integral force here. It has an energy that is contagious and to support a passion for creativity in art.

Wide Open Space Gallery

Wide Open Space Gallery

What has changed toward Indonesian artist?
The Art and the Artist! I love their energy and the way they the world in which we live to interpret. The work of a global perspective is. The last few months, Oddy and Widi have the Wide Open Space every day. Your friends to plan them new perspectives on how to present art to the public and how the public in the art involved to have more. But we are not focused on events with only Indonesian artists to create.

What is the next event that you are planning?
Four Indonesian artists have street art and street food! These artists are prominent in the art world and have some shown at the best galleries internationally. You might have seen in public places their work on Bali. You want to create an open atmosphere, all take part in claim. The event is to enjoy "live" painting for the whole family. Because many of the materials they use are often found, people will realize how accessible art can be to provide for them. We want the public to see and meet the artists, when they look at the works; inspire people and create community around art and food. The name of this event is massive and Random Cute vandalism. The artist name for this show are Quint, O.D., Grazz and Olla. We invite everyone to come to enjoy this event and get to know our community!

Thanks Nathalie! We'll be there!

Massive and random, cute Vandalism
Wide Open Space Gallery
8 May, 20:00 - end
Jl. Kunti 2 Nr. 20, Seminyak, Bali
www.facebook.com/WideOpenGalllery

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar