Eat, Pray, smile

19:01
Eat, Pray, smile - Eat, Pray, Love
Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love

" Ketut Liyer? you mean Ketut liar? "is obviously an often repeated joke in Bali, although I have to take a few Ubud residents who were concerned that this healer of Elizabeth Gilbert Eat, Pray, Love was ripping off Western tourists. But competition between healers in Bali (specifically Ubud) is widespread and reputation are always clouded. Healing is big business. The Internet is full of worries about healers and "boundaries" that or that certain Balian crossed are simply not real.

Still others were quick to defend him, and Ketut own son announced that Ketut around a thousand guests can receive as Sarasvati day for a grand ceremony. You are not a true Balian Usada (a Balinese traditional healer) without extensive training and commitment - that is because their God-given powers is believed may leave the impure and there are many rules to decide how to obtain such a purity. So Ketut Liyer was real? I was lucky, a golden nugget in Ubud Pondok Pekak Library & Learning Centre to discover - a real-life account of Balian Usada, Ketut Liyer. On a dusty shelf was a handwritten document by Samantha Eir Camera Smith (one of Pondok Pekak students), written in 1993, 13 years before Elizabeth Gilbert cult classic released .

At this point I should explain that Gilbert story a memoir was based on their experience by experiencing pleasure of a divorce recovery (food) in Italy, dedicated well (pray) in India and looking for love in Bali, where she was found on the search for a balance between worldly pleasures and spiritual devotion led by Ketut Liyer.

, the 2010 film of the same name played Julia Roberts and James Franco and it was produced by Brad Pitt. Ketut, in the film was played by an actor, but in real life Ketut invited Elizabeth to study with him and taught him English. Elizabeth could not be determined in a position Ketut age, though, they discovered that he was born, the medical student Samantha Eir Camera Smith got a little closer, to believe that he was seventy-four at the time of their study "a Thursday." - Meaning that it is 95 years old this year.

"found mysticism in the spiritual, magical aspects of Balinese healing has attracted many people in the West in the home of Ketut Liyer," Samantha continued. A Balian believes that disease was caused by an unbalanced situation and the first Balian Usada, Budha Kocapi, Sarasvati bestowed with knowledge of the goddess. This wisdom was spread lontars (manuscripts made of palm leaves, written in Balinese Sanskrit) and Sarasvati must be prayed daily. "If I do not you pray three times a day, or if I misuse my powers, it is my knowledge of lontars revoked" Ketut Samantha said. As the ninth generation of the healer Ketut an extensive library and had "more than fifty different lontars."

Ketut Liyer Opening a Lontar

opening Ketut Liyer a Lontar

Ketut usually carried out cleansing ceremonies, palmistry, to create magical images and conjure love. Believing that each possessed a natural beauty, declared Ketut that everything he did was love magic execute the energy turned on "so that it is visible to other people." He even letters from people who had married because of the successful gotten 'love magic'.

But of course I'm doubtful. I've seen Eat, Pray, Love and I read the book, but I could not shake off my snobbish pre conceptions. So I decided to meet him.

In the waiting room is a glum tourists from Dusseldorf. It is since eight in the morning here. I'm trying Price from her some more information, but I can not. It is an impenetrable stone and giving up, I look at the fish pond for a while. Two Korean tourists are slid inside by a guide, which seems to be a little too familiar with the scene. Finally, the German lady called for a palm reading, and I'm surprised - I hear laughter. This ability impressed me alone.

Now, it is to discover to me what all the fuss is - and I see it immediately - it is his smile. I am flooded with happiness. We sit for a while down and Ketut laughed and then he shows me his ceremonial bell. Before I know it, a mantra is bursting out of his mouth, and I close my eyes; it is extraordinarily beautiful. I did not ask a single question. This interview was certainly different.

Ketut is a man who according to Elizabeth, "has never been in his life before the island of Bali. He has spent very little time actually on his porch." And you might remember Ketut answer when Elizabeth asked if he would like to visit them in America after he resigned shakes his head: "you do not have enough teeth to the travel plane."

And Ketut gave me time - its most valuable resource. Dentists get paid for their time; Doctors get paid for their time. I do not understand why healers should donate be a problem. In fact, as Ketut shared his stories, the tour guides, who saw held the two Korean girls had brought me with gentle touch of 'come on Julia Roberts', and I felt guilty for taking any time. But every time I apologized, Ketut would say excitedly: "Wait a moment", as read by the fragile lontars. The first award was pushing about curing someone of Cetik (poison), which can give a person murderous - the best cure burnt cow dung wiped on his feet - though I have not understood. Please do not try it at home.

Also Ketut son was sacrificing for others of his time, as he gently rocked a quiet baby whose mother and father were busy to study and work. Later his son explained that Ketut itself need to clean every morning by repeating up to 2,000 mantras. He worked hard for his fortune and the maintenance of "balance". "The energy he exerts, twelve hours a day working, people still at the age of ninety-five treatment never ceases to amaze me. The respect that I will keep for him very quickly override my initial skepticism," says Samantha.

I can not agree, although I am not responsible for ensuring that thousands of tourists flock for some healing Ubud. What most I was his commitment over respected Ketut; he expects not only the things of themselves, others. He worked hard to do one of those rare things; to give the world a smile and actually know its value.

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar