Meet Dr. Titus Leber

22:53
Meet Dr. Titus Leber - Meet The Expat - Dr. Titus Leber

Meet Dr. Titus Leber, an Austrian filmmaker who Borobudur in interactive Multimedia converted.

Consider yourself an expatriate in Indonesia?
Sure. Even if I move around a lot, I lived most of the past four years in Jakarta and Jogjakarta for my project.

How did you get into the film industry?
It started when I was 10 years old and had a dream to become a film director; I mean first " Super 8 ' turned kind of film and some short films with my first 16mm camera, but really, my entry into the film world was through classical music;. I have a lot of what you call would now "classical music video clips expanded 'through Schubert, Mozart, you name it. I used a special method of superimposed images, which was very avant-garde at the time. This has me prices and sent me places.

How have you developed since then?
I am American Film Institute (AFI) in Hollywood studied directing and went back to Europe, to do my first feature film, which at the Cannes Film Festival was adopted. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) apparently had not seen my film and encouraged me to work there; they finally gave me a scholarship and I was a research assistant. That was in 1984. I guess you could say that this 'year no.1' was of interactive multimedia - they had, came only with touch-screen technology, which has become the basis of my work. As a director, I found very interesting multimedia; there are challenges in trying to integrate my audience interactively. To take it to the next level, I merged my knowledge of high-tech, American and cultural values ​​of Europe, which is what I eventually became known for; Great high-end cultural projects using interactive multimedia.

When did you first meet Indonesia?
In 1991, where I was part of a UNESCO Expedition Tour. This was the first time that I saw the majestic Borobudur Temple

Borobudur - Paths to Enlightenment

Borobudur -. Paths to enlightenment

Why do you have an interest in the production of Borobudur, the topic of your interactive multimedia?
I was invited by the King of Thailand, to offer a great cultural project about the life and teachings of the Buddha. I spent several years doing an interactive project of the Emerald Buddha Temple in Bangkok at the original locations of the Buddha's life in India connects. With this background of knowledge of Buddhism and the culture that surrounds them, we moved to Indonesia, home of the largest Buddhist temples in the world.

What aspect of Borobudur fascinates you most?
The fact is that our ancestors told stories the same means we do today used; by writings and images. The Borobudur is essentially a large picture book, or if you prefer, a great movie. If you spend some time looking at the Borobudur, you can only see rocks and a few simple relief plates on, but also the shadow shifts and the cloud moved, you can see other sides of the story. It's like an animated film.

What was the purpose of the project for you?
With my PhD background in art history, my passion for cultural multimedia projects and my knowledge of Buddhism, I thought it my role is to translate what brought our ancestors expressed. That was the goal of the project; to provide edutainment for young people who have no time could have more books to read, but can access such knowledge of technology. I wanted Borobudur everyone's bags and bring to Borobudur to bring the world again.

How was the project started?
I proposed the idea Pak Darmono, the Chairman of PT. Taman Wisata Candi Borobudur, and he liked it. We received funding and filmed. We shot for two years in Jogjakarta and did post-production in Jakarta for two more.

I know this is a large scaled virtual tour, but you let me go through a bit of it, please.
First of all, there are several ways to begin. Whether the user has very limited understanding or very advanced knowledge on Borobudur and Buddhism, both of which can easily start the program. And the way they can range from a typical two-hour tour for tourists in the 65GB worth of travel, such as select by Buddhist monks, which surround the temple 10 times in detail. Accordingly, the title is wearing the word "path" (plural); It is a "virtual tour" multiple approach, as its backbone, 400 panoramic images, which lets you, and any angle in any lighting or shadow slope immediately go to any point of the temple. There are 6460 plates of the temple, and everyone has a story. We linked each panel story to the original sutras and Buddhist texts. So if you click on a relief in a panel, the corresponding story will appear in the film, narration and text. You can use this information for edutainment or to attain enlightenment; there are many ways to

Borobudur to explore the Borobudur

Borobudur - Paths to Enlightenment.? - Paths to enlightenment

Have you get into trouble
In retrospect, I think it's nothing short of a miracle that we project could accomplish. Most of the challenges are on the type of work and bureaucracy with my team. It took a while to put together a great team, but in the end, the ensemble works like a well oiled machine; a nice cooperation. I had a team of 3-D programmers, video editors, animators and obviously a chaplain.

Were there any funny or memorable stories during filming?
I had people tell me that ghosts were involved during filming; that it has, and so stole the scripts on.

How do you like living in Indonesia?
We were very privileged in the summer house of the governor to live Central Java, wake up every day to the sight of Borobudur. The natural beauty of this country is fascinating. It's like living in a widescreen movie.

Does your wife travel with you through all of your bookings?
Yes. We met in Hollywood, she was an actress, and I was a young director. It is wonderful; she is involved in a lot of what I do.

What do you think about the film industry in Indonesia? Any advice for filmmakers?
I notice young filmmakers ask for money before they come up with an idea that holds together. Instead, do it the conventional way; to develop an idea, give it treatment, they get approved, start a script, then run to polish the project. Another advice is to get a sense of literacy on big films - build a library of knowledge -. Then apply

Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar